Thursday 25 October 2012

The Smacked Child

The Smacked Child



           She slapped me on the legs that day
                                  For all the world to see
"Spare the rod, spoil the child"
Was what she used to say
Whilst waiting for the bus to come
The No.22A

My legs were pink
My  face was red
My shame was everywhere
Please let the ground
Just open up
Please let me disappear

It's not about the pain you feel
                                                                              It's loss of dignity
                                                                                       It's all about the loss of self
                                                                                      About the loss of
                                                                                           ME!

                                                                                        by Meg Marsden

No comments:

Post a Comment