Wednesday 27 July 2011

Born again!

Once upon a time many years ago, my grandma taught me how to knit.   I took to it rather like the proverbial duck to water and knitted from a young age .... I continued knitting for my family and extended families for many years .... and then one day I thought "I've had enough" and I stopped clack-clacking those needles.

But then about 2/3 years ago I was inspired by a book I read to start knitting again but this time I became a rule-breaker, a non-follower of patterns and took to creating things from my own design, with my own choice of yarns and materials and hey presto I became a BORN AGAIN COMPULSIVE KNITTER.

I love to knit now anywhere and everywhere - in the car (not when driving), in the dentist/doctor's waiting room, in the pub, watching TV, reading a book, sitting in the garden  .....

I also love to encourage others to learn how to knit and to be creative themselves ..... PLUS it's so darned therapeutic ....

No comments:

Post a Comment