Thursday 28 July 2011

The Girls

And when I saw those petals lying there                       
I thought of you with all your
Tumbling hair
Pre-Raphaelite
A golden child
With wide blue eyes
And skin, your skin, so fair.

And when I saw those petals lying there
I thought of you with shiny, rain-like,
Silken hair
A Latin look
A Celtic child
With almond eyes
And olive skin, so rare.                                                   

And when I saw those petals lying there
What tugged within
Releasing fragrance, laughter,
Playgrounds, open-air?
Today it was rose petals lying there.
Another day it could be
Seagulls in a seaside square,

A snap at Anglesey
Young riders on their ponies
A kite caught in a tree
Or shrieks from children
At a summer fair
But on this day
I saw those petals lying there.

No comments:

Post a Comment